When you book a stay at our centre you will have exclusive use of all our residential facilities, featuring wooden camping pods and the multifunctional Lodge building.
We have two sets of 10 wooden camping pods, each arranged in a circle around a fire pit. The two circles are a short distance from each other and from The Lodge. You may book a one or both sets of pods for your residential.
Each set of ten camping pods can accommodate:
Maximum 32 students and 4 staff, eight pods for students (max 4 per pod), two pods for staff (max 2 per pod)
Maximum 24 students and 2 staff, eight pods for students (max 3 per pod), two pods for staff (max of 2 per pod)
Each set of camping pods has an adjacent composting toilet for use at night, to save having to walk across the field in the dark.
Each camping pod features
- Sleeping mats or camp beds for staff
- Full insulation and underfloor heating
- Lockable door
- Electric lighting
- Bedding or pillows
- Electric sockets
A short walk across the meadow from the camping pods is The Lodge. This is where your group will be served their meals, can relax in the evenings and where washroom facilities can be found.
The Lodge is accessible using a fob which is supplied to supervising staff on arrival.
The Lodge facilities:
- Single sex toilets and showers (3 male, 3 female), no separate facilities for staff
- A large multi-functional room that can seat up to 80 with bifold doors
- Large screen, DVD player and HDMI cable
- Tea/coffee making facilities available 24 hours
- A lockable fridge
- Electric sockets including USB charging points
The camping field
The camping field is a five-minute walk away from the entrance to the site and the Suntrap building along a gravelled path.
A public footpath runs beside the field with a hedgerow or fence marking the boundary, but the field cannot be seen from any roads.
In the camping field there is
- a large area of short grass for students to enjoy games during their free time
- a wild-flower meadow
- an orchard
- a fenced off damp meadow
Apart from lunch on your first day, all meals are provided for you.
All food is freshly prepared on site by Waltham Forest Catering. The menu is vegetarian or vegan.
- hot chocolate and biscuits available to give to your group at supper time.
Other than this no snacks are provided and there is no shop on site. You may wish to allow students to bring snacks, but we ask that no food is taken into the pods.